SSC – CHSL is the acronym for Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the lower level of posts in various ministries and departments of Government of India, the work content of which does not involve much cerebral application.
Aspirants who have completed 10+2 examination from any Board are entitled to appear for this test.
SSC CHSL is two tier examination system followed by a skill test in respect of certain specified categories. The examination pattern is as indicated below.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
The skills required for Tier 1 & Tier 2 are indicated below
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.